Monday, June 12, 2006

Catching up with life in Singapore....

Me and Kevin are at this lodge in a Barcelona suburb now. It´s a really cool place, on a hill slope with nice weather and lots of pine trees and yadder yadder yadder... It´s a perfect setting for a summer retreat. And all this for 14 euros per night!!

Anyway, I spent some time reading my frens´ blogs this morning, and I realised I missed out on a couple of things back in S´pore. Like Tris´s bday. Sorry dude, i guess it´s too late to wish u happy b day now, but I´m glad you spent ur b day in such wonderful fashion. Hehe. And I´ll be missing my Dad´s b day too. And of cos theres gonna be law camp tht I´ll be skipping as well. To all my law frens: Have fun! I´m sure law camp will be a success. And to MJ, Kwok and Yang: Enjoy Taiwan, and dun waste too much time taking pictures of the la mei there. Haha.


Anw, I think I´ll blog abt some of the ppl I know/gotten to know thru´out my trip so far.

Clive is this American guy we got to know in Madrid, and we watched the bull fight with him. Quite a cool dude. Travelling alone, hates his own country sometimes for their warmongering and hates the Republicans.

Clive (American): ¨So Alan, your country seems to be on the verge of sth big...I mean the infrastructure´s been growing at an amazing pace, you know what I mean?"
Me: ¨Not really, China´s the one that is really growing. We have more or less stagnated."
Clive: "Isn´t Singapore in China?"


Leroo is a South African white. A law student, he worked in London for a few months to sponsor his own travelling. Loves France, spent half his time there I think. Plans to return to South Africa after his travels and settle down.


Catia´s a portuguese law student. She studied in Norway for a period of time, took a yr off from her studies and went to Mozambique as a relief teacher. Now she´s in Spain working and waiting to resume her studies in Portugal. Really inspiring and compassionate individual, she impresses me with her life philosophy.


Zhang Zhen is a teacher in China who came to Sweden for his Masters, and is now travelling before returning home. Down-to-earth, very intellectual and a really nice guy. You really learn a great deal abt China by talking to this guy.

There´s a lot more, and also many more new ppl I´ll get to meet I´m sure. Aiya thts abt it. Take care everyone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

i think we stayed at the same place... is the suburb "baixador de valvidrera?" it's like in the catalan foothills and run by disabled people

12:54 AM  
Blogger ZL said...

Yep Jesse. We stayed at e same place.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home